Advanced India Internship
Deepen your Ayurvedic Wisdom
at the Source
and Inspire your Practice. Fall 2012
Our Advanced India Internship is a comprehensive program that will strengthen your clinical assessment skills and give you the tools to create and deliver individual Pancha Karma programs. You will return with a deeper understanding of Ayurveda and a new set of skills to share with your clients and boost your Ayurvedic practice.
- Learn from master teachers
- Gain clinical experience
- Receive indepth training in Pancha Karma
- Study with fellow Americans in a small group
- Visit famous sites and majestic beaches
Clinical Internship - Goa
with Vivek Shanbhag, ND, MD (Ayur), BAMS
Join us near the beautiful white beaches and ancient temples of Goa at the Woodbourne Resort. The clinic is within walking distance, where you will deepen your clinical experience through observation of a variety of patient visits with clinical discussions and case studies.
- Observation of consultations with Dr. Shanbhag
- Pulse evaluation of patients
- How to summarize the main issues and write relevant information about each patient using an MMI intake form
- How to assess and treat clients, including serious diseases
- Detailed explanations of patients seen and Q&A with Dr. Shanbhag
Pancha Karma Internship - Coimbatore
with Hari Pallathery, BAMS
Join us in foothills of Tamilnadu (south India) at the famous AVP hospital and learn Pancha Karma bodywork and theory with Dr. Hari. Mornings will focus on theory with hands-on practicums in the afternoons. Interns will take turns giving a receiving for a full experience of the techniques and effects.
- Pancha Karma theory and practice
- Detailed explanation and hands-on training in a variety of PK bodywork treatments
- How to assess clients and set up individual PK programs
- PK for common health issues
Both programs include an Ayurvedic Botanical Garden guided tour.
Option 1: Clinical Internship - Goa: Dates TBD
Option 2: Pancha Karma Internship - Coimbatore: Dates TBD
Option 3: Attend Both:Dates TBD
Requirement: Must be an Ayurvedic Practitioner meeting NAMA Practitioner educational standards (including internship).
Discounts available. Please contact Kate at 408.846.4060 or kate.bentley@MountMadonna.org